Hi everyone! It’s Patricia again from Patricia’s Palace! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and your new year is off to a great start. Let’s vow to celebrate everything in 2017, okay? What better way to get together with your family and friends than with a bubbly tasting? Here’s how to organize one…
A Bubbly Tasting Party
What You Need:
- Brown Paper Bags (you can use lunch bags or the bags they give you at the liquor store)
- Large Sticker Numbers
- Champagne Glasses
- Up to 5 Bottles of Bubbly (I suggest a wide range in prices)
- This Bubbly Tasting Chart made by my friend Kelsey
1.Don’t worry the setup is super easy! You’ll be ready to party in no time at all! 1Place a number sticker on the center of each brown bag
2. Put each bottle of bubbly in one of the numbered brown bags. I suggest taking off all the wrapping and paper around the cork before your guest come as it tends to be a giveaway even though the labels are covered by the brown bags.
3. Use the tape to secure the brown bags tightly around the neck of the bottle. This makes it easier to poor with the brown bag on.
4. Start the tasting by providing everyone with a tasting chart and glass. Pour a tasting of each bubbly.
5. Once all the bubbly is tasted provide a second tasting for those that need a better comparison.
6. After everyone has rated the bubbly, reveal one bottle at a time as you ask your guests to share their thoughts and results. You’ll love the different tastes and responses and you may even be surprised to find out what your favorite is!
We did this bubbly tasting for New Years Eve and found it quite interesting that the most expensive bottle is not always the favorite. Cheers!