Let’s talk guest bedroom updates. These spaces can become more of a storage space sometimes and ignored. But before that happens, consider some fresh and new ideas to breathe life into this special space for your guests.
But today we have designed a guest bedroom from head to toe! You can take the whole design and use it for your own home or snag some of our must-have items to incorporate into the design elements already in your room.
But you will definitely be ready for out of town visitors with these ideas and once you see these dreamy finds, you won’t be able to resist!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Dreamy Guest Bedroom Updates:
1. Navy Swatch Artwork: this navy, colorblock painting is perfect to hang over a bed – you can even get creative and hang two side-by-side (and flip one horizontally for a mirrored look)! It has every beautiful shade of blue in it that you could think of and you’ll love the way it makes a statement in a guest bedroom.
2. Gold Circular Mirror: talk about making a statement – this is a must-have mirror for any space! It adds texture and color and will match any color scheme in any room.
3. Gold Capiz Shell Sconces: the most beautiful source of light I have ever seen! These are so beautiful and make such a statement without being overdone.
4. White Tufted Comforter Set: act fast, because this comforter comes in a ton of colors and is on major sale! It’s a perfect white bedding set too – plain enough to match everything while still adding a little bit of texture. You can’t go wrong!
5. Striped Tassel Pillow Cover: this is the perfect decorative pillow to add a pop of color and texture to a bedding set.
6. Navy Pommed Pillow: I love the idea of mixing similar colors together and adding lots of texture in the decor! This pillow is the perfect accent pillow to add both of those things and it’s made extremely well, too.
7. White Fringe Accent Pillow: give your older pillows a fresh update with these crisp, linen pillows! They are extremely soft and the fringe detail makes them just a little prettier than your typical white throw pillow. A perfect guest room update, even on a budget!
8. Navy Fringe Accent Pillow: sometimes a simple pillow like this one is exactly what you need to dress up a couch or bed. Love the fringe detailing on it.
9. Agate Picture Frame: this frame is absolutely stunning! It’s a statement maker, to say the least, and would also make for a wonderful gift idea. You can’t beat this beauty!
10. White & Tan Table Lamp: these ceramic lamps are neutral enough to match any color palette you have going in your space and will look perfect on either side of the bed! They’re pretty affordable, too, making them the best neutral option.
11. Decorative Wooden Ladder: there are SO many ways to style this piece! It’s the ultimate, versatile decor piece and if you have some extra wall space (especially in a guest room!), add this wooden ladder and hang some blankets on it to not only look pretty but also to serve a purpose.
12. Teal Tassel Throw Blanket: not only does this throw look beautiful displayed in a guest bedroom, but it’s also soo cozy as well! A perfect display piece that’ll also get plenty of use.
13. Coral Striped Throw Blanket: another cozy, soft and oh so pretty throw blanket – it’s just a bonus that these blankets both match so well and look so perfectly placed on this decorative wooden ladder! Plus, you can never have too many throws, right?
14. Green Glass Vase Set: for under $10 you can get this set of three vases that are stunning and so versatile. They look great displayed simply on a dresser, console table or nightstand and would also look great filled with fresh (or faux!) flowers.
15. Gold Glass Display Box: any time you find a room needing some extra decor or little knickknacks to fill up a room, always look for small, decorative pieces like this chic glass box.
16. Shell Accent Tray: while simple and neutral toned, this tray is one of the most beautiful decor pieces I’ve seen in a long time! It’s made of wood and shell and brings together a rustic and coastal vibe making it perfect for your guest room, or any room really!
17. Wooden Tufted Bedroom Bench: this bench is a perfect size, shape, and color for the end of the bed! Its functional shelving adds storage, while the tufted bench adds some extra seating and the distressed wood adds so much character. A perfect guest bedroom update!
Have you recently updated your guest bedroom? We would love to hear what updates you do to give your space a new, fresh look! These beachy hues of blue finds are the perfect ways to add some new, bright touches that your guests will just love.