Hello lovelies! Abby from Flair Designery here and I am so thrilled to be a contributor for the holidays at A Blissful Nest!!! So…I have to be honest, Halloween is my second favorite holiday (next to Christmas). When that first scent of fall hits the air, I am immediately taken back to being a kid. I loved planning my costume, creating my costume and then finally after all of the wait, dressing up. Now that I am older, I channel all of this creativity into decorating and planning the holiday festivities.
Our annual Halloween shindig moves between homes. Each year, I like to introduce my friends and family to a food or drink that is unexpected but the ideal compliment to the season. This year I decided that a fun cocktail was the way to go. As I do enjoy my Moscato, I have been known to partake in a cocktail or two and I wanted the drink to be devilish yet delicious. Both sweet and sultry, the Witches Kiss cocktail is just that!
I decided that I also wanted to sass up the bar. I found the perfect size glass at Target and then designed and had made my favorite halloween words out of black vinyl. I adhered one to each glass and they immediately went from ehh to EEEEKKKKKK! And imagine my excitement when I found skull-shaped ice cube trays and bone-shaped cocktail picks. Seriously…I think I may have let out a mini-shriek of excitement when I found them in the store.
Whether you are staying in this upcoming Halloween or enjoying it with friends, treat yourself to this ghastly good libation!
- 1 1/2 oz Gin (a good gin goes a long way)
- 3/4 oz Crème de Mûre (can be hard to find in stores, but can easily be found online)
- 3/4 oz Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup (can add more to make sweeter)
- Blackberries and/or Lemon Wedge for Garnish
- Fill cup halfway with ice and few choice blackberries
- Add the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup and stir well
- Slowly pour in the Crème de Mûre
- Garnish with blackberries and/or lemon wedge