Who is ready for the most delicious blondies recipe ever??!! Enjoy!
You know those moments when you feel like your entire world is in chaos? It’s as if there’s a puzzle all perfectly put together and then someone hastily scoops it up and throws it into the air causing the pieces to break apart and come crashing down to land in a mess at your feet. Yes, this is how life can feel at times, like an unfinished puzzle. I’m sure at this point you’re nodding your head in agreement and possibly wondering how best to fit all of those pieces together to create one cohesive picture. Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but not all of life’s pieces are meant to fit together just like that, it doesn’t always have to make sense in the moment. Now at this point you may be disagreeing with me as you may believe that, yes, life IS supposed to always make sense. Well sure, of course it IS supposed to at one point or another like when we stumble upon that “Aha!” moment and think “Now I understand!”. However, the kicker is that it isn’t always meant to be clear right off the bat. The thing is that when something occurs we automatically try and search for a reason behind it. We demand answers to feel a sense of comfort, as if in having a reason will make us more accepting to what is. I constantly struggle with trying to avoid seeking an explanation to why everything is as it is from the littlest hiccup to a life changing event, and it isn’t always as easy as it seems.
Take for example, these Spiced Apple and Cranberry Blondies. It’s a basic recipe that includes a variety of ingredients from flour to flax to coconut oil and so on. Without knowing the final outcome this laundry list of ingredients seems a bit nonsensical. If the baker wasn’t aware of what this particular combination made he/she may not bother to try the recipe in fear of a baking failure. This is where trusting the process exists, that if you combine these exact measurements of ingredients you will end up with a delicious dessert. Giving each ingredient the opportunity to compliment and balance one another is how we should treat the puzzle pieces of our lives. We should trust that, like this recipe, in the end it will all make sense. Each moment we want to throw our hands up in the air and scream defeat because life becomes a messy puzzle of chaos we should step back, take a deep breath and trust that all of the pieces will fit together to serve their purpose. Life really is a balance of holding on and letting go and in midst of the unknown and the searching for reason we have the opportunity to hold on to what is and let go of what doesn’t serve us in order for us to let the pieces of life create a beautiful masterpiece.
Spiced Apple and Cranberry Blondies
Makes: 9 brownies/Bake time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2c gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (I use this)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed + 1 tbsp water)
- 1 c applesauce
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- additional apple slices for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, sea salt and stir to combine.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, warm the coconut oil on high for about 30 seconds until melted. Add the flax egg, applesauce, maple syrup, vinegar, vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth out using a spatula. Then gently press apple slices onto the top if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until lightly brown on the top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow blondies to cool before slicing.
Check out more from The Happy Hungry Yogi right HERE!!
Download your copy of the recipe here: