I love making desserts that color coordinate with our party colors and these jello cookies are so super easy to make!
Even the kids can join in on the fun.
One of our most favorite things to do in our house is bake and I love that you can easily use this same recipe to make jello play dough (that the kids can play with and eat!)
This site contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Colorful Jello Cookies RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 3-1/2 Cup` Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine (softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3-4 Packets Jello (3 oz pkg)
- Heat oven to 350 ºF.
- Beat butter in a large bowl until creamy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture to the above ingredients. Divide dough into 3 sections.
- Sprinkle 2 TB of jello onto each section. Kneed together with dough. Add a few drops of food coloring to make more vibrant.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls into extra jello powder. Place 2 inches apart, on baking sheet. Flatten with bottom of glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
To use the mix as play dough, mix all the ingredients and let the kids have fun with it at the (clean!) kitchen counter.
Break out those cookie cutters and rolling pins and make into other fun shapes too. Once done you can roll them into balls and bake.
I hope you enjoy this fun easy jello cookies recipe and make some blissful moments with your kids!
To see more from our 4th of July party, click HERE!
Our Pinterest board on 4th of July ideas is brimming with great recipes, fun activities and lots of eye candy! Check it out here:
Follow Rebekah Dempsey | A Blissful Nest’s board 4TH OF JULY PARTY IDEAS on Pinterest.