Tissue Paper Wreath Tutorial

Tissue Paper Wreath Tutorial by A Blissful Nest

Here is my “How To” make a tissue paper wreath which was my labor of love from last week’s party. Now that I think of it, I should have done it at the table rather than sitting on the floor of my Family Room, but I really wanted to watch TV with my husband too. I guess my bad back and some IB Profin are what I get for trying to accomplish 2 tasks at once. So if you sit at a table I am sure you will not get “my” bad back!

Here is the list of what you will need:
– round styrofoam
glue gun
tissue paper– cut rectangles of 5X7
– letter opener (or something pointy – could use a knife!)

Step 1 – Take one of your 5X7 rectangles of tissue and gather it so you have a point at the bottom (as seen below). Then twist the point. Do this to all your squares.

Tissue Paper Wreath Tutorial by A Blissful Nest

Step 2 – Take your letter opener (or pointed object) and make a small round hole in the Styrofoam- about 1/2″ diameter.

Step 3 – Fill the hole with glue and put pointed end of tissue paper into glue filled hole. You may need to use your letter opener to get the point completely in. And that’s it!

TIPS – Just make lots of holes close to each other so the tissue will look full and close together. I put tissue on the outer sides of the foam but not on the interior as you could not see the interior after how full I had made the rest.

I have not attached my round circles with Parker’s “P” and “1” but I am going to make a big bow, hole punch a hole in my circle and thread by bow through and then hot glue to wreath. I swear hot glue is one of my best friends!! Have fun ladies!!

Tissue Paper Tutorial by A Blissful NEst

You could even spray your tissue with glitter spray for a light luster if you were having a fairy party!

Want to make your own wreath? Snag your materials right here:

Want to see the full party these were used in?? Check out Parker’s 1st Birthday Party right here.

1st Birthday Party Ideas by A Blissful Nest

Join us and get more information about using essential oils!

Want to get started with Essential Oils?

Now is the time because I’ve got free gifts for you! You can sign up for a Premium Starter pack here that comes with 11 oils and more fabulous products to get you started! (It’s a $300 kit for only $150 with a wholesale account.) Be sure to check wholesale and keep the sponsor/enroller numbers as 2593157, for the half price discount and free gifts from me! Want more information? Check out all you need to know to get started today HERE and more of see more of our tutorials on how to use essential oils in your home HERE!

Premium-Starter-Kit-a-blissful-nest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Join Our Newsletter!

Sign up now and don't miss a thing!

Share on FacebookPin on PinterestGoogle+Email to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

Comments

1. Christina Dann says

This is so adorable! I'm going to make one for Easter and let you know how it turns out :)

How much tissue paper would you say you used?

2. A Blissful Nest says

You know I wasn't counting, but I think it was about 20 sheets. I actually bought large reams of tissue from papermart (have you heard of them??) and barley made a dent in them so I would think you could get away with 2-3 packs of tissue from Michaels. If you girls make these please share!!!

• Steve Garner says

I like this. Similar to a coffee filter wreath, only easier! :) Oh, and you have the male species in here also, haha. I like to make anything! Making this for Valentines with some red and white mixed with the pnk. The wife and I just made a coffee filter wreath and it was very simple, I think we can pull this one off :) Thanks for the inspiration! :)

3. Pink Little Cake says

Thank you so much for this tutorial, I was planning in making something like this for my daugther's birthday party and I had no clue how to do it.it seems a very easy project.

4. Jen @ ourfinehouse says

I'm so glad that you showed us how to make this! I saw it in your previous post and thought it was beautiful. I will definitely be making one!

5. Candy and Cake says

I will have to keep this tutorial on file for my daugther's 6th bday in the fall! Thanks for sharing!

6. artfeltexpressions says

Very nice! I am having a housewarming and I think I'll make one of these for the door!

7. J+S says

I love this little wreath tutorial and the take-out boxes from Parker's party. I have posted on my blog about both of them and linked back to you. I love your style!

~Jenifer

8. FrostedFantasies says

I just found your blog and am loving it! Keep up the great work! I am going to try to make (at least) one of these wreaths soon!

9. Ashley says

Thank you so much for the directions on how to make this beautiful wreath. Please check out my blog tomorrow to see a picture of the one I made using your directions for a friend's baby shower. It's not as a perfect as yours, but at least I tried. Thank you again!!!!

10. Anonymous says

Hi, I just made this wreath for my daughter's upcoming birthday celebration. Do you still provide the circle inserts or can you tell me the size of the circle and where I can find the font for the lettering? Thank you!

11. A Blissful Nest says

Hi Anonymous- I can make the circle inserts for you. Please email me at the address above and I would love to help you.

12. Anonymous says

Would this wreath be used as a centerpiece with a glass hurricane placed inside the wreath? And a candle…. I was thinking it would be a cute valentine's centerpiece — since you already made one, what do you think– would a hurricane fit inside it?

Thanks!
    4kerrhome@att.net

13. Amanda says

Hey- Can I see what it looks like after you put the bow in? Also what are the inserts? I am new to all this but am getting into it fast! I love your blog you have GREAT ideas!

Thanks,
    Amanda

14. Sara says

I am not a crafter by any means but I couldn’t resist trying to make this gorgeous tissue paper wreath. I’m happy to say that I just completed it and it looks great, just in time for Mother’s Day. Thank you so much for sharing, I can’t wait to create more!

• A Blissful Nest says

Sara- That is fantastic!! You can go on our FB page and share it. I would love to see it. Happy Mother’s Day!

15. mya says

I loved your paper tissue wreath so much..that I had to make a valentine theme one for my house..i am not sure how to post picture on here but i love it

16. Rebecca says

We are planning to make the wreath for a Bridal Tea a couple of us are hosting. The wedding couple have chosen a lime green and hot pink for their wedding colors. We are making a hot pink and putting their last name initial in the center. I know you posted earlier it was a large Styrofoam, may I ask where you purchased the wreath? One the girls look at them, she thought this one might be too small, it was 12 inches. Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca

17. Charylee says

I cannot wait to get started on this wreath! I’ve been looking for something to do over the winter and this is a great project! I’m going to do some Easter/Spring themed wreaths and also buy some foam balls in various sizes to create somewhat of a topiary from them. I’m also going to purchase some patterned tissue paper n coordinating colors and add them to the solid colored paper! So may ideas and so inspiring! Thank you for this great project! – c.

18. MrsLGaston says

I love this! I’m going to try to make this and if do, I will send you s pic of it. Thanks for posting this!

19. Grace says

I decided to try this, but instead of tissue paper I used plastic table cloths from the party section and cut them into rectangles. It looks so great, and will last a little bit longer I think. Thanks for sharing!!

Trackbacks