Learn how to decorate with turquoise and what are the best turquoise paint colors to use.
Our paint color guides are a great resource to find the right shades for your home and today we are going to dive into the color turquoise so you can feel confident using this vibrant color.
Decorating with turquoise can be a great way to add a pop of color and personality to your home decor.
Turquoise can work well with a variety of decor styles, from modern to bohemian to coastal.
This greenish-blue hue, can look soft and subtle yet can also be a daring pop of color depending on the shade you select.
Our guide provides tips and inspiration for incorporating this vibrant shade into any room, from choosing the right shades and textures to pairing it with complementary colors and decor styles.
Turquoise brings feelings of tranquility and calm to any space.
Turquoise is a color that sits somewhere between blue and green on the color spectrum.
It is a bright and vibrant color that is often associated with the ocean and tropical destinations.
Turquoise can come in many different shades, ranging from pale and muted to deep and vivid.
It is a versatile color that can be used in a variety of ways, from adding a pop of color to a room to creating a soothing and calming atmosphere.
This site contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Colors Go Well With Turquoise
Turquoise is a versatile color that can be paired with a variety of other colors to create a balanced and cohesive look. A couple of my favorites are the following.
- White: White is a classic color that pairs well with turquoise. It creates a clean and fresh look that can help to balance out the boldness of the turquoise.
- Gray: Gray is a neutral color that complements the brightness of turquoise. It can create a sophisticated and modern look when paired with turquoise.
- Black: Black is a bold and dramatic color that can create a stunning contrast with turquoise. It can add depth and richness to a space when used in moderation.
- Coral: Coral is a warm and bright color that pairs well with turquoise. The combination of these colors can create a tropical and cheerful vibe in a space.
- Metallics: Metallics like gold and silver can add a touch of glamour and sophistication to turquoise. They can create a luxurious and elegant look when used in combination with turquoise.
Overall, the key to pairing colors with turquoise is to choose complementary colors that can balance out its boldness and vibrancy.
How Do You Use Turquoise As An Accent Color
Turquoise can be a great accent color that can add a pop of color and personality to your space. Here are some ways to use turquoise as an accent color:
- Throw pillows: Turquoise throw pillows can add a pop of color and texture to a sofa or bed. They can create a focal point in a room and add visual interest to a space.
- Curtains: Turquoise curtains can add a splash of color and pattern to a room. They can create a cohesive look when paired with other turquoise accents, like throw pillows or rugs.
- Artwork: Turquoise artwork can add a touch of color and personality to a space. It can create a focal point in a room and add visual interest to a wall.
- Rugs: Turquoise rugs can add a splash of color and texture to a space. They can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere when paired with other turquoise accents, like throw pillows or curtains.
- Accessories: Turquoise accessories like vases, picture frames, or decorative objects can add a pop of color and personality to a space. They can create a cohesive look when paired with other turquoise accents.
When using turquoise as an accent color, it’s important to balance it with other colors and textures in the room. Pairing it with neutral colors like white, gray, or black can help to balance out its boldness and create a cohesive look.
Turquoise Decor Ideas
Here are a few turquoise home decor ideas that you can easily add to your home for that vibrant punch of color.
What Is the Difference Between Aqua And Turquoise
Aqua and turquoise are two similar colors that are often used interchangeably, but there are some differences between them.
Aqua is a light and bright shade of blue that is often described as a mix of blue and green.
Aqua can also have a slight green tint, which can give it a more subdued and natural look.
Turquoise, on the other hand, is a more saturated and vibrant shade of blue-green.
Turquoise can range from a pale and muted shade to a deep and vivid hue, depending on its saturation level.
Overall, the main difference between aqua and turquoise is their level of saturation and vibrancy.
Aqua is a more subdued and natural-looking color, while turquoise is a more vibrant and bold color.
How To Select The Perfect Turquoise Paint Color
- A shade will look different from one room to the next due to the lighting
- Always paint a 4×4 swatch on the wall to see if it will work
- Always paint 2-3 coats at least for a realistic swatch on the wall
- Pop the trim in white for a dramatic effect
- Use accessories in the same shade to give your wall color some depth
Save this turquoise paint color guide for when you are ready for your next project!
More Paint Color Ideas + Inspiration
Get even more ideas on paint colors with these other posts. Just click on their titles to go right to the posts.
- Color Of The Year 2023: Including Trends And Design Tips
- The Best Navy Paint Colors + How to Decorate with Navy
- Gorgeous Blue Kitchen Ideas with Designer Flare
- The Best Neutral Paint Colors + How to Decorate with Them
How To Decorate With Turquoise
Decorating with turquoise can add color, personality, and style to your home decor.
It’s a versatile and timeless color that can create a calming and soothing atmosphere, as well as a touch of glamour and sophistication.
So here are my top ways on how to decorate with turquoise in your home and embrace this gorgoeus color!
Add Accents Throughout A Room
An easy way to add this color to your space, if you are not ready for a long-term commitment, is in your furnishings and accents.
From mixing in pillows with turquoise hues and accent rugs and a piece of art.
The spaces below have accomplished this flawlessly.
You can easily remove all the turquoise pieces come winter/holidays or when you are ready for a new color scheme.
Painting a cabinet turquoise can be a fun and creative way to add color and personality to your home decor.
It's a unique and eye-catching look that can make a statement in any room.
When painting a cabinet turquoise, it's important to choose the right shade and finish to create the desired look.
A high-gloss finish can create a bold and shiny look, while a matte or satin finish can create a more subdued and natural look.
It's also important to prepare the surface properly before painting and to use high-quality paint and brushes to ensure a smooth and even finish.
Turquoise painted furniture can create a fun and unique look in your home decor.
It's a versatile color that can be paired with a range of other colors, and it can refresh old furniture and create a vintage look.
Turquoise Accent Walls
Using turquoise for an accent wall can add a fun and unique look to your space.
With the right shade and complementary colors, you can create a room that is bold and eye-catching with a shot of personality.
Keep the decor simple and finish with trim for a polished look.
Add A Turquoise Kitchen Island
You have probably heard that color is coming back to kitchens.
The all-white kitchens are adding pops of color in their islands and turquoise is taking over!
It keeps the space feeling light and airy without adding a dark hue to the islands.
It pairs perfectly with natural wood and gray making it perfect for kitchen spaces.
Using turquoise tile in a bathroom design can add color, texture, and visual interest to the space.
Whether you use it as a focal point or as an accent, turquoise tile can create a unique and striking look that can make your bathroom feel more vibrant and inviting.
Turquoise Adds Curb Appeal
Painting your front door turquoise can definitely add to your curb appeal!
Turquoise is a bold and eye-catching color that can make your home stand out and add a fun and playful touch to your exterior.